Parenting With Patience: Turn frustration into connection with 3 easy steps
Discover what your child is capable of and learn new ways to help you manage stress and help your child manage frustration
Key messages in Parenting With Patience
- We need to be in control to teach our children self-control
- We get ourselves calm first by time-out, then get our children calm by time-in, then solve the problem by time-together
- We can separate our anger from our discipline and make better respectful decisions
- Most parents' expectations of small children are too high. We need detailed information on child development to decide if it is a development issue or a discipline issue. Development charts included for ages 0-25
- Positive discipline has to begin with positive stress management
- "Submarine Parenting"™ is when parents see the need or feeling under the behaviour and address the root causes of misbehavior
- Typical punishments like grounding, time-outs, and consequences shut down parent-child communication and escalates anger
- Our world has shifted and we need to shift our parenting to build relationships between parent and child
Begin enhancing your parent-child relationship today
A quick book to read when you are calm, in order to use when you are not!
In this video, author, Judy Arnall, speaks about "Parenting With Patience" anger management, toddlers tantrums, time-in versus time-out, discipline versus punishment, temperament, and problem-solving (15 minute depiction of book content)
Inside Parenting With Patience Book
"Every parent needs patience, and Parenting With Patience, has simple, respectful ways to calm down and connect," says Dr. William Sears and Martha Sears, RN, co-authors of 40 books on parenting.
Get the Combo Pack
Parenting With Patience by Judy Arnall, and Grappling With the Grumblies by Deborah Fannie Miller
One book for you and one book for your children!
Watch the CBC Interview
Published by Professional Parenting Canada, 176 pages
Distributed in Canada by Sandhill Book Marketing Limited
Distributed in U.S. by Partners Publishers Group
Distributed in Europe by Gazelle Book Services
Telephone orders : (403) - 714-6766
Mail orders: Professional Parenting Canada, 12018 Lake Erie Rd S.E. Calgary, Alberta, T2J 2L8 Please make cheque payable to: Professional Parenting Canada
Email orders: firstname.lastname@example.org
Available at Chapters.Indigo.ca, Barnes and Noble, Ingram, as well as many Independent Book Sellers
Parenting With Patience - Book Webinar
TBA, 2015 7pm-8pm Mountain Time
This informative webinar will help you to stop yelling, and start connecting with your children.