Welcome to Professional ParentingFollow @parentingexpert
Judy Arnall is Canada's leading expert on normal child development and non-punitive parenting and education practices.
Judy Arnall is a regular parenting expert on CTV's Alberta Prime Time, Global TV, and City BT-TV
Get expert help to move your important family relationships from good to excellent, through webinars, keynotes, workshops, dinner seminars, articles, books, videos, train-the-trainer courses, Lunch'n'Learns and private consulting.
Current TV Advice (April 2017)
Last Month's TV Advice
NEW! Join our new Parent Learning Community on Facebook! Parenting PD (Professional Development)
Videos, advice, articles, events.
Judy is now certified in the Brain Core Story Course
Upcoming Parenting PD (Professional Development)
New 4 Week Live Course!
Parenting the Three Pound Computer: A neurobiological informed course on raising babies to teens
This class compiles information from multiple sources and is presented by Professional Parenting. Instructors are Brain Core Story Certified.
Mondays 7-8 pm MST, 9-10 pm EST, July 3, 10, 17 and 24, 2017
$120.00 plus GST. Investment includes a textbook mailed out and session recordings.
The following concepts will be covered:
- Week One - Understand how brains are built over time and learn the developmental capabilities of each stage of childhood. Is the behaviour you are expecting a discipline or development issue?
- Week Two - Learn how adult responsiveness in the form of serve and return builds brains.
- Week Three - Distinguish between 3 Kinds of stress and how they affect growing brains. Undestand individual temperament and how it relates to experiencing stress. Discover the Parenting No-No List of 10 Adverse childhood experiences and how they affect brain development.
- The Parenting No-No List of 10 Adverse childhood experiences and how they affect brain development.
- Week Four - Itentify the 4 Components of executive function and how you can help them develop.
New 6 Week Summer Calgary Parenting Course!
Parenting Today's Child - 6 Week Summer Session Course in Calgary
For parents of all children ages 1-20 years
This course has neurobiological informed content based on parenting recommendations from Alberta Health Services, Canadian Pediatric Society, and P.E.T. Parent Effectiveness Training. It focuses on non-punitive, respectful, relationship-building parenting.
Provided by Professional Parenting Canada. Instructor is Judy Arnall, BA, Certified Canadian Family Life Educator, Certified in the Brain Story course, and parent of 5 kids.
Wednesdays July 5, 12, 19, 26, August 2, and 9th, 2017. 6-8 PM
Calgary Coop Community Room,8818 Macleod Trail S.W. Calgary. (Yes, it is upstairs in the grocery store!)
$219.00 sale! Includes 2 printed textbooks and a pdf workbook package. No charge for 1 extra parenting partner to attend.
Certificates available if 4 out of 6 sessions attended.
Please Register below
"Thank you again for the great class. I learned a lot and feel excited and empowered again. We all need a little boost once in a while to help us continue to be great parents!" Muriel, Online participantParenting Today's Child Course Printable Description
Parenting the digital generation can be challenging and exciting. In this course, we will explore best parenting practices of raising today's child:
Week One: Parenting Styles, Temperament Traits, Picky Eating, Oral Health, Parent Self-Care
Week Two: Developmental Milestones and Stages, Attachment Theory, Separation Anxiety, Sleep Challenges, Toilet Training
Week Three: Brain Development, Stress, Play, Healthy Self-esteem, Communication, Safety
Week Four: Feelings, Temper Tantrums, Anger Management, Behaviour and Guidance
Week Five: Multiple Intelligences, Homework, Chores, Digital Citizenship
Week Six: Peer Pressure, Bullying, Talking to Kids about Sex and Drugs, Preparation for Adulthood
|Click on Wordpress logo for our Non-Punitive Parenting Help Blog|
|Click on Youtube logo to Watch Our Parenting Advice Videos on Youtube|
Today's Families Need
- Communication, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Healthy self-image and esteem
- Bully-proofing: assertiveness and empathy training
- Anger management tools
- Problem-solving strategies
- Emotional intelligence development
- A system to manage work-family stress
Professional Parenting Canada Offers
- Keynote and breakout interactive speakers for your corporate or organizational events, conferences, and lunchtime educational sessions. We present to groups of 8 to 1000 people.
- Parent education offered through webinars, classes, speeches, workshops and Lunch 'N' Learn sessions on over 50 topics
customized for your organization with optional follow-up consultations and online support. Webinars are available across Alberta, Canada
- E-mail, telephone, and in-home consultations on non-punitive parenting and education practices, can be provided together with an education program or as a stand alone service at reasonable hourly rates.
- Although Judy Arnall is the main expert, Professional Parenting Canada provides back-up speakers/certified educators in the unlikely event that Judy could not make your important engagement. This would be with your consent or your full invoice would be refunded.
- Evidence-based parenting information is provided for journalists and media interviews on today's parenting issues, for any age, from babies to teens.
- Articles reprintable for your newsletter, magazine, blog, or website. Just remember to include the byline!
Audience HandoutsParent Link Provincial Conference Keynote handout "It Takes a Village to Cherish a Parent, to Nurture a Child" Yukon Child Care Conference Keynote handout "Play Is the Key to University"
Sign up for monthly notifications of upcoming parenting/education webinars delivered right to your inbox. We will not share or sell your email address.